Saturday, April 12, 2008

Metabolism+Years= NOT FAST!

Where is my metabolism going??? has anyone seen it? It was like as soon as the clock struck 28yrs old, my eating habits must change. Now I have heard everybody has an age at which point their metabolism is not what it once was. but 28?!?!?!? I do have to admit that around my 28th birthday I was sick so my progress in running took a hit! ok so maybe that's what it was.... hmmm...well anyways back on track....I know David gets sick of hearing me complain about me not physically being where I want to be. So on this 12th day of April I am making a commitment to run at least 3 days out of the week on top of my 3 days of hiking. I am going to get back into it and on track! oh yah and I ............. ok this won't be easy....... WILL LIMIT MY ICED VANILLA COFFEES FROM MCDONALDS TO ONLY ONCE A WEEK! ahhhh. I put it in writing so here we go! better get to bed gotta get the mountain in before church.......

4 comments:

Lisa said...

You're crazy. Do you realize that is 6 days of working out each week??? And only one coffee per week. I don't think that you lost your metabolism at 28 I think you lost your mind. LOL

JB said...

Good point Lisa. Jen, Just make sure you blog about it...

Jen said...

Jim, I actually hiked this morning and I am gonna go for a run now. I will for sure blog about it though. that way you can be my accountability partner! not sure if you are a good one though! (if I remember correctly, you were next to me in line at the buffet and eating the chocolate lava cakes on the cruise! still losing those "cruise pounds"!) not much for accountability!!

Amy said...

Hey girl! I found you! LOL. I am so with you on the metabolism thing! :) When I stopped nursing after Isabella I 'forgot' to stop eating like I was! And I am having the WORST time getting rid of it! And for me, it was NOT 28...more like 21. I could SO tell a difference! Emily and I joined a gym a month ago and her husband made us 'a plan'. LOL. It is working, but I tell you, I sure couldn't run and hike like you! I have a really bad back and a bad hip so running is not an option fo me... Not to mention I hate everyting about exercise! But I have realized it is my only ME time that I get (other than a shower..LOL) so I guess I'll stic with it. And oh, you look great by the way! WHATEVER about metabolism!! LOL