Friday, April 18, 2008

Fun Run

Back in March Taylor actually did the 5k with us and he wasn't in the stroller... I think that was a bit much for him. It left a bad taste with him about these races that mom and dad sign him up for. He ran through the finish line at the half way mark and the poor guy thought he was done! But mean Aunt Lisa had to correct him and tell him to keep going!!! hahaha! Ever since that race he hasn't really been asking when the next race that he gets to do is going to be.
Well tomorrow Taylor tries again!!! Daddy, Taylor and Trevor are doing the Tillman run in Tempe. This one won't be so bad for him, the boys are gonna be in the stroller for the 4.2 miles and Daddy gets to run that part while pushing them! But after that race, Taylor will get to run in the kid's run which is only .42 of a mile. So this morning Taylor and I ran up to the little mini mart up the street so he could warm up for his race tomorrow. I had to prove to him ahead of time that he was not running as far tomorrow! He is finally confident in running again!! I am bummed that I can't be there..... gotta work :(!
Good Luck Guys!!! You guys are an awesome team!!! :)

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Man! i didn't know that I scarred him from racing for life. I would have just let him think that he had finished. Trust me - stopping at that point would have been fine by me. i am not a runner!

P.S. Good luck on the race tomorrow Tay!!

David Yee said...

the best part about pushing 100 pounds of stroller and kids in the race is that i get a built in excuse for not having a good time.

JB said...

Tell them good luck tomorrow.