Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Enjoy Life

As my kids are unfortunately getting older by the day, I am realizing that time is flying by!! let me let you in on a little secret..... I was ok with sending Taylor to preschool but I am gonna have a hard time sending Trevor! I may even shed a little tear the first day I drop him off! Why just for Trevor? ...No it isn't that I love him more!... it is the reality that I am not gonna have "any kids at home during the day with me"! When I took Tay to his first day of school It was Trevor and I pulling away! When I take Trev, It is gonna just me SOLO!!!! what am I gonna do with my time? I mean it isn't tons of time, we are only talking 2 1/2 hours a day here!
ok well before I start crying about that last paragraph...LOL..... let me get to my point. Today after I went to the bank, I wasn't so lucky to get in the left hand lane, so I had to make a right turn instead and work my way back. We drove through a neighborhood that I am not so familiar with so I just kept trying to work my way out of it. All of a sudden I hear Trevor happily yelling "Duckies Duckies!!" He seemed so excited, I just wanted to find my way out of the neighborhood and get home. But as I looked at the tons of ducks and the beautiful weather, I asked Trev if he wanted to stop. "yah yah" he said. so we got out and we must have spent 30 minutes just watching the ducks and fish. What a great time, just sitting in the grass feeling the breeze and watching some amazing ducks. they are so funny! Sitting out there watching Trevor made me realize that life goes way too fast and sometimes you need to slow down and enjoy what God has placed in front of you at that moment! thanks Trevor for another lesson! SLOW DOWN!

4 comments:

JB said...

I want to stop and play with the ducks!

Lisa said...

Holy cow. Are you trying to make me cry or something? It is true that we do not stop and enjoy things. I really need to learn how to do that. It's funny how much kids can teach us and they aren't even trying to. :)

Jeana said...

Great site. I know how you are going to feel in Sept. Let me know we will do lunch that day. I was so upset I thought I would be sick in the parking lot (the cotton ball in the ziplock bag is the worst). Love the site Jen !! Great way to keep in touch.

Barb Havlik said...

Jen, this is amazing! Thank you so much for setting up this blog. I know how hard it is to keep up with your busy day to day life thanks for taking the time to keep us in the loop.
You're my hero!