Monday, June 22, 2009
Sunday, May 10, 2009
Well today marks the one year anniversary of when my grandma passed away. On one hand I can't believe it's been a year because I think it went fast and on the other it has been a long time since I got to talk to her. There is not a day that goes by that I don't think about her. I still miss her like crazy and going out to the cemetery today wasn't any easier.
On this Mothers Day I still wanna say thank you grandma for the time you gave us all. You will never be forgotten. I hope someday I can be the kind of grandma for my family that you were for me!! Love you and miss you a TON!!!!!
Posted by Jen at 4:57 PM
Thursday, April 30, 2009
I have to confess...... I have been posting everything I was here on my facebook. Not sure if I have any readers on here anymore. It got to where I felt like my only readers were my husband, brother and sister in law. so since they are all on Facebook I figured why waste my time with a blog too.
The other day I signed on to here and figured I wanted to read all of my previous blog posts before deleting my entire blog and closing it down. So as I sat here and read all of my old posts, tears came pouring I mean pouring down my face when I got to this time last year. that was when we lost my grandma. I couldn't make myself delete my blog as I am not ready to delete that portion of my life yet. I did find it very comforting though to read the old posts and find that I am healing. I still miss her everyday and can cry a good cry here and there but I have come a long way!!
That day I also realized that I kind of miss writing a blog about what's going on. So between the 2 factors, I am going to continue to keep my blog open. I am going to give it an honest effort to start blogging on a regular basis again. Even if I only have 3 readers!
ok ok let's get off this blog Vacation I have been on!....
Here's some random stuff.....
1. 4 weeks from today I will be enjoying a 2nd honeymoon with my husband on a floating buffet around the Hawaiian Islands!
2. On that trip I will quench my lifelong desire to have a massage ocean side!
3. around that same time I will have a son who will be out of the 1st grade and ready for 2nd grade!!!!
4. my husband is off school for a few weeks so we are all enjoying him being around more and not having homework!
5. I have been very inspired by the show Biggest Loser. If they can do it with all of their extra weight, why am I not kicking but at the gym? I have definitely been pushing myself more!
6. I have to decorate my son's teacher's door on Monday morning for teacher Appreciation week.....any ideas would be greatly appreciated!! :) p.s. next year I am throwing away that slip that you sign if you wanna be homeroom mom before I have a chance to sign it!!
7. I am hoping I can stick with this blog thing again.....
8. I am actually getting excited for the summer (not errands in the heat) but playing on the waterslide with the boys!
9. ok so I was gonna try and think of 10 random things to post but I can't think of anything else.....so this is all you get!!!
Posted by Jen at 1:14 PM
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Posted by Jen at 7:42 PM
Sunday, February 22, 2009
I can't believe that my baby is turning 4 on Wednesday!!! where has the time gone? All I can tell you is that I have loved every minute of it! God has truly blessed David and I with some awesome boys! They are both so smart, tender hearted, funny, loving, and wow my list could go on and on!! Not a day goes by that they don't amaze me with something they do or say. ok ok I'll stop there.....
here are some pictures of the big 4 year old and his older brother!
Posted by Jen at 10:46 PM
Saturday, February 14, 2009
Posted by Jen at 8:50 PM
Monday, February 9, 2009
Ok so we worked through the rain today. (The things we do for our kids!). Looks like because of the times we had to stop and let it pour, we won't be finished today. Our garage definitely has a lot less wood in it though!!!! We are close!
After our 22 hours of working on the play set the kids and I baked some cupcakes. It was a nice change to be in the warmth of my house than outside in the rain building a play set. I hope this rain stops some day so we can finish and the kids can finally enjoy all of our work!
Posted by Jen at 7:00 PM