25 RANDOM THINGS ABOUT ME. WHAT ARE SOME RANDOM THINGS ABOUT YOU?
1. I USED TO DO TONS OF PAINTINGS IN HIGH SCHOOL BUT NOW I JUST DON'T MAKE TIME FOR THAT SORT OF THING.
2. I CAN'T STAY AWAKE DURING A MOVIE TO SAVE MY LIFE.
3. I HATE RUNNING WITH A PASSION... BUT AFTER YOU HAVE HAD 2 KIDS YOU DO WHATEVER YOU HAVE TO DO TO NOT LOOK LIKE YOU HAVE.
4. I THINK MY HUSBAND IS VERY HARD WORKING AND COMPASSIONATE AND WOULD DO ANYTHING FOR ANYBODY.
5. WAS BUMMED BOTH TIMES THAT I FOUND OUT I WAS PREGNANT WITH BOYS BUT COULDN'T IMAGINE IT ANY OTHER WAY! NOT SURE IF I HAVE THE PATIENCE FOR GIRLS!!!!
6. I CANNOT STAND ANY CONSTANT NOISE. SUCH AS PEOPLE CHEWING, SIPPING, TAPPING, AND SPINNING. IT DRIVES ME ABSOLUTELY NUTS!!!
7. I ACTUALLY LOVE GOING TO WORK! I LOVE THE PEOPLE I WORK WITH AND MY CLIENTS AS FAMILY AND IT GIVES ME A HEALTHY BREAK FROM MY KIDS!! (STAY AT HOME MOM IS NOT AN OCCUPATION FOR ME AT ALL!!)
8. I HATE PLACES THAT ARE COLD! I GUESS PHOENIX IS FOR ME THEN!
9. I DON'T GO A DAY WITHOUT TALKING TO MY MOM EITHER IN PERSON OR ON THE PHONE.
10. I AM NOT MUCH OF A CUDDLER BUT THERE IS SOMETHING ABOUT KNOWING THAT MY BOYS ARE GROWING UP FAST MAKES ME LOVE TO CUDDLE WITH THEM.
11. LOSING MY GRANDMA IN MAY WAS THE MOST DEPRESSING THING I HAVE EVER HAD TO GO THROUGH IN MY LIFE. IT HAS MADE ME REALIZE THAT LIFE IS FRAGILE SO ENJOY EVERY MOMENT YOU HAVE WITH THE ONES YOU LOVE! AND THERE MAY BE THINGS ABOUT PEOPLE THAT ANNOY YOU BUT WHEN THEY ARE GONE, THOSE WILL BE THE THINGS YOU MISS MOST.
12. I HAVE A DEAL WORKED OUT WITH MY BROTHER AND SISTER IN LAW THAT NEITHER OF US ARE EVER ALLOWED TO GET A CAT OR A MINIVAN. IF THE PACT IS BROKEN THERE WILL BE $300 EXCHANGED.
13. MY FAVORITE MOVIE OF ALL TIMES IS GREASE...... WHICH WOULD EXPLAIN MY LOVE FOR HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL! LOL TOOK THE BOYS TO SEE HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL ON ICE YESTERDAY UNDER THE DISGUISE THAT IT WAS FOR THEM.
14. AFTER MY RIDE ON THE LIGHTRAIL YESTERDAY I AM REALIZING THAT I HAVE MORE COMPASSION ON THE HOMELESS THAN I EVER HAD. THEY USED TO CREEP ME OUT AND NOW EVEN THOUGH I UNDERSTAND THAT MOST ARE IN THEIR SITUATION BECAUSE OF THEIR OWN MISTAKES, I FEEL LIKE I DON'T DESERVE THE LIFE GOD HAS BLESSED ME WITH OR MORE IMPORTANTLY......HE HAS BLESSED ME BECAUSE MY RESPONSIBILITY IS TO SHARE. RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS ROCK!!
15. I CAN'T HEAR THE STAR SPANGLED BANNER ANYMORE WITHOUT GETTING TEARY EYED.
16. EVER SINCE MY FRIENDS GAVE ME A DOZEN TAMALES FOR CHRISTMAS, I CAN'T GET ENOUGH! I EAT AT LEAST ONE TAMALE A DAY!
17. I USED TO HATE MY BEST FRIEND WITH A PASSION. THROUGH OUT THE YEARS WE WOULD ARGUE ABOUT THINGS...I THINK IT MADE US CLOSER. NOW WE AGREE ON EVERYTHING AND EVEN IF THERE IS SOMETHING THAT WE WOULDN'T ,WE WOULDN'T CARE. I AM DOUBLE RELATED TO HER SO THIS IS A GOOD THING! :)
18. I AM ADDICTED TO MY CELLPHONE. (HAVE GREAT PICTURES OF ME COMPLETING MY HALF MARATHON AND TEXTING AT THE SAME TIME! HEHEHE)
19. MY FAVORITE COLOR IS PINK AND PARTIALLY BLAME MYSELF FOR MY 3YR OLDS LOVE FOR PINK ALSO.
20. I DON'T DRINK CAFFEINE ANYMORE BECAUSE IT MESSES WITH MY SYSTEM. I MISS MY ICED VANILLA COFFEE DRINKS FROM MCDONALDS.
21. I CAN'T STAND WHEN PARENTS ARE TOO BUSY PICKING AT OTHER PEOPLE'S KIDS THAT THEY FORGET TO LOOK UNDER THEIR OWN ROOF.
22. MY FAVORITE FLOWERS ARE PURPLE TULIPS. I THINK THEY ARE SO CLEAN AND FRESH LOOKING!
23. WOULD LOVE TO HAVE 2 MORE KIDS SOMEDAY BUT DAVID SAYS 1 SO I MAY HAVE TO COMPROMISE.
24. I ENJOY WATCHING DAVID TRAIN MY BOYS ON HOW TO TREAT AND RESPECT A LADY. I SEE MY HUSBAND'S HEART IN THOSE LITTLE BOYS EVERYDAY.
25. I WISH I DIDN'T HAVE ACID REFLUX AT 28 YRS OLD. HAVE TO BE THANKFUL THOUGH CAUSE IT KEEPS ME AWAY FROM ALL THOSE THINGS THAT ARE PROBABLY NOT THAT HEALTHY ANYWAYS.
Monday, January 26, 2009
25 RANDOM THINGS ABOUT ME. WHAT ARE SOME RANDOM THINGS ABOUT YOU?
Posted by Jen at 6:14 PM
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Posted by Jen at 10:45 PM
Friday, January 23, 2009
Both of my boys are so pumped! THIS IS MONSTER JAM WEEKEND!!!!!! they have been waiting since last January (when we attended the last one) for this weekend to come! Tonight I took them out so they could see the Grave Digger up close and get an autograph. Tomorrow night is the rally. If you know us, you know monster trucks are a staple in our house..... but I just have to tell you that right now it is monster truck madness!!! these boys can't wait!!!!
Posted by Jen at 8:13 PM
Posted by Jen at 9:07 AM
Sunday, January 18, 2009
This morning David, my dad and I did the PF Chang's half marathon with some of my friends from work and like 23,000 other people. It is a weird feeling.... I like the accomplishment but hate the pain!! I was able to get to 7 miles no problem and then my right knee gave out on me!! the next 6.1 miles were the longest miles of my life!!! I tried to crank out the last little bit but it made my run turn more into a trot!!! lame huh!! but as soon as I crossed the finish line I had the greatest relief! I was done and I did FINISH!!! :) I also have to give major props to my Dad for doing it with us this year!!!! that was way awesome!!!! don't ask me today if I am gonna do it next year! we'll talk later!! hehe ( I have to forget this pain!)
P.S> our shop this year picked to support our troops for the half marathon! With the money that we raised we are gonna ship over care packages to some men and women who really rock!!! When my knee was ACHING I just kept telling myself this was a small price to pay for the big sacrifice that those men and women make!! thank you troops for our freedom!!
Posted by Jen at 2:40 PM
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
This morning Trevor had another surgery on his tear ducts. This was his 3rd procedure to try and open up his tear ducts. He was so excited to go there this morning cause he said, "they are gonna fix my eyes!!" I could not get over how good of a patient he was!! He didn't act afraid at all. He was so brave! When they FINALLY let me go see him in recovery, he was just patiently laying in the bed waiting! Other kids were crying but he just laid there letting them do whatever was necessary!! GOOD JOB TREVY!!!! :)
Posted by Jen at 11:30 AM
Sunday, January 4, 2009
Ok so as tomorrow begins my mass panic to get back in the groove for my half marathon, it got me thinking. I want to be like everyone and get on the New Year's resolution band wagon. No not to hit the gym or exercise(since I already do that) but to eat HEALTHIER!! I am not looking for a "diet" since I am pretty much ok with what my scale says but I want to eat more natural foods, not processed. I want my body to cycle through like it should if you catch my drift! I am bad at eating vegetables, I love red meats, etc.......
I am a complete dumby when it comes to health & fitness. this year has been challenging as I have had to actually teach myself how to run and work out at a gym. I have been loving my new challenge! It makes me not such a stressed out mess and it just gives me self confidence. The only thing is, my motto right now is "I workout so I can eat whatever I want!" (probably not a good attitude!)
I have been learning a lot by running and fitness magazines that I get. David will try to give me pointers but for some reason, reading them in a magazine and seeing a photo of someone demonstrating it, I catch on better. With that being said, I am wondering if anybody has any helpful books or magazines that they know of that will help me with my new adventure of eating "healthier". Everybody keeps telling me, "eat more fiber, more fruits and vegetables, etc etc" That is just not doing it for me, I need a plan spelled out for me!!! So hopefully also by posting my new challenge here, I will stick to it!! :)
Please if you have any reading material ideas for me let me know!! Just checked Amazon and there are a bazillion books to choose from! not sure where to start!
BTW 14 days till the half marathon!!! getting nervous!!
Posted by Jen at 9:09 PM
Thursday, January 1, 2009
Well with 08 here and gone in a blink of an eye, I thought I better take a second to reflect on where I have been and what I hope to change/ accomplish in 09!
5. I actually rang in the New Year at a huge party in Disneyland and stayed up till midnight!
4. joined a gym for the 1st time in my life and have been working on my running
3. realized how fragile life is and have learned to let the little things pass
2. Admired my husband's ability to maintain a family, job, and schooling while letting none of the areas lack!
1. lost my Grandma who meant more to me than she ever knew.
and to 2009....things I hope to accomplish or am looking forward to:
5: Be able to enjoy my cruise to Hawaii with my husband while knowing that my kids are safe at home! :)
4. run my half marathon in under 2:45.
3. better my outlook on people who just don't seem to care about their own life and who don't care to make it better.
2. Eat healthier and get back to being disciplined after this long Christmas Break! (not just a new years resolution, I am craving it!)
1. I am gonna be a better wife and mom. not that I was horrible, it's just we can all use a little improvement right!?!!?
Posted by Jen at 9:14 PM
We had the best time in Disneyland!! An exhausting time but definitely fun!! Seeing as we decided to take the kids to Disneyland during their busiest season, we would wake up very early to try and be at the park just as it was opening. That way we would have at least an hour to crank out a few rides with little wait! If you know me, my idea of vacationing is not getting up at 6:30am!! hehehe
Other than that it was so awesome to just spend 5 days with my 3 favorite guys! To see the excitement on the kids' faces was so worth it. The 2nd day in the park we had breakfast with the characters. That was so worth the money!
Well I am not gonna write too much about the trip as I mentioned before that I am beat! I just wanted to get a few pictures up to show you how awesome it was!!
(a HUGE thank you to my 2 boys who made me so proud waiting in all the looooong lines!!! when all the kids around you are swinging on the railing(one of my petpeeves) my kids were standing in line like a trooper not acting up! :) thanks guys!!)
Posted by Jen at 6:18 PM