Sunday, May 11, 2008

Love you Grandma

wow. All I can say is wow. I am in disbelief. My Grandma is gone. I am on a plane right now from what was supposed to be a joyous occasion. This is the longest flight of my life! Will I ever land in Phoenix to be with my family? I have been listening to my ipod but can't get through the songs as they are all making me cry. Had to chuckle though when in the middle of all my tears "you had a bad day" from Alvin & the Chipmunks came on. Wow. Now Amazing Grace is on. Gonna get through this song though. I need it. This blog is gonna be full of ramblings but I don't care. Gotta shift gears a little from this dark plane. Ahhhh Grandma I love you so much. I hope you could tell. It is going to be so hard for a long time without you. I am so blessed that I got to have you as long as I did. I know you are in heaven now with Grandpa. You have been waiting a long time to see him! give him a hug for all of us.

Ok well it is morning now. Thank goodness, I had to put my phone away last night cause it meant we were finally landing. Too long of a flight. But my dad and I are home now. Still in disbelief. Today is Mother's day and it is not gonna be a fun one. In all of my saddness though I need to celebrate her! She was a true example of how a mother and grandmother should live. She would do anything for you. Even if it just meant sitting there for hours to keep you company. Thanks grandma for all you did for me! Gonna miss you so bad.
Well I need to get ready for church. It's going to be another long day. Please keep my family in your prayers especially my cousin Austin. she was a mom to him.
ok day here I come....

2 comments:

Colleen said...

I am so sorry to hear about your loss! Hope you were able to celebrate what a great Mother you are and learn from her example!!!!!!

JB said...

Jen,
Thanks for being so strong and taking care of so much for the entire family.
Love you.
-James