Monday, May 12, 2008

Got A Lot Done.


Today I got a lot of things accomplished! We finalized the funeral arrangements, picked out her flowers, finalized everything at the cemetery, and just some little things here and there. Thank goodness I was actually able to settle down for an hour nap after all that! Sleep is hard right now. my mind goes 100 miles per hour. I think just the thought of having a lot of that stuff out of the way is a peace of mind though. I was able to keep my business face on for the most part. A couple things were hard to talk about but for the most part, I think I did what needed to be done! Sometimes I surprise myself.

ok well now it is night time. My family is back home with me! I have to say that tonight was a good night. We sat around the table remembering the good times with Grandma. I am gonna miss them! even the ones that frustrated me the most. I loved her so much!

well I need to get some thoughts together. I am gonna try and share a letter to my Grandma at the funeral. I hope I will be able to get through it. Let's just hope it will make more sense than my blogs have. She has been such a big part of my life and I feel I need to share it.

Please keep me in your prayers this week and for a while as I try to move on with everything. A lot of times are gonna be hard with out her being there or just calling me just to see how my day is going. ok better try and get some sleep. gonna try and hike in the morning. I need it.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are doing a great job and you are going to get through this. I am proud of the way that you are handling everything.

Don't worry, I am sure that your grandma will send you a thank you note...she never forgets. (Just don't forget to invite her personally, she wouldn't want to be a burden) It's those quirky things we will remember about her.

We are here do do this with you. As goofy as your family is, it is strong enough.

Pat Ramos said...

I am so sorry to hear of your grandmother's passing. WE have lots o fond memories of her. God Bless.
Pat & Al Ramos

JB said...

David, Who are you calling goofy?

JB said...

Jen,
You are doing great. Thank you for doing so much for Grandma and our family.
Love you. I found out today that I will be able to make it. See you Thursday night.

Lisa said...

You are doing a great job. You are much stronger than me! call me anytime if you need to!

McKillip Family said...

Everyone is in our prayers! I would really like to help if you need anything. Anything at all, take the trash out:), watch the kids, anything you need, meals... whatever. Please let us know what we can do!

Jen said...

Thanks Everyone for the encouragement. it helps me a lot.

Karen said...

Jen....Your thoughts of your grandma are awesome & beautiful. You are doing a great job better then I would be! You are all in my thoughts & prayers!