Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Buying a Car

Ok so while Trevor is in preschool this year, I figured I would start working out at a gym. I am still hiking, but i need to start exercising more if I want to keep up my eating habits (Culvers!) Plus with gas prices where they are, it is cheaper to join a gym and stay right near the school so I can pick him up.
Well this morning after dropping Tay off at school I went to LA Fitness to check their rates. What a joke. It starts off that they can't give me a piece of paper to take to David to show him the different prices, I have to sit down at a desk so a guy can go over them with me. He starts by telling me I can do a package that is like $174 app fee and 34.99 a month. or I can do one that is $299 app fee and only 19.99 a month. He then asked me what was holding me back, I go "Uhm the $300 start up fee!!" He then says well we are running a promotion today with Devry Institute and I can include you in on that deal and get you a membership at $74 app fee and only 24.99 a month. ok so I went from a 300 start up to only 74!!!!! in only 2 minutes!!! why can't they just make prices black and white! I told him I would think about it, he took my phone number so I should be receiving a call from him in a few hours! hahaha
then I got home and called Pure Fitness, they can't quote me over the phone they want me to make an appointment to come in and sit down with a salesman. ugh!!
I AM NOT BUYING A CAR, I JUST WANT TO JOIN A GYM!!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

since you mentioned it...i got the scion guy to refund us the $300

Katie said...

you are so right!!! i went to LA fitness too....like you said.. 'what a joke!' they gave me a price...then when i said BYE they said well let me get the manager, so the manager comes over and offers a lower price... and i said ill think about it, i wanna 'shop' around..well then he said that was a onetime offer and if i leave i wont get it ..how DUMB ..its a GYM MEMBERSHIP people ..heelllooo?!

Colleen said...

Keep me posted on what you end up with because I would love a gym membership as well, but like you, I don't want to search. Heard Bally's does $18 down $18 a month!

Lisa said...

Dude try a city fitness center. They are way cheaper. The Y has a nice facilities and is way affordable. It may sound lame , but it may save you a ton. If not there should be a "rec" center for each city. They are pretty cheap too.

Katie said...

oh yeah lisas totally right...when i left la fitness.. i found a rec center with a HUGE pool (i mainly wanted the pool for laps) and it was $5 a time or like $60 for 3 months...$100 for 6 months..etc etc.. PLUS they have a small gym upstairs..but i only go for the pool. but now my sister and i (shes at la fitness) want to join the Y because still nice facilities.. way cheaper..and you dont pay extra for daycare. and we all know daycare is KEY :)

Jen said...

Well I did it, I joined LA Fitness. it seemed like a good deal once I got the start up fee lowered $226!!! So now that I will have more time on my hands, it's time to get into shape!!!

Katie said...

one day we'll do the marathon together... next christmas??

The_Cannada_Family said...

wanted to say "hey" and let you know I have a blog as well :) Hope your family's doing great!

JB said...

You can work with them and probably eventually have the NO APP fee. Ask them with they are running this with Devry and see if they can "get you in" on this.
lol.