Sunday, January 18, 2009

Tired!

This morning David, my dad and I did the PF Chang's half marathon with some of my friends from work and like 23,000 other people. It is a weird feeling.... I like the accomplishment but hate the pain!! I was able to get to 7 miles no problem and then my right knee gave out on me!! the next 6.1 miles were the longest miles of my life!!! I tried to crank out the last little bit but it made my run turn more into a trot!!! lame huh!! but as soon as I crossed the finish line I had the greatest relief! I was done and I did FINISH!!! :) I also have to give major props to my Dad for doing it with us this year!!!! that was way awesome!!!! don't ask me today if I am gonna do it next year! we'll talk later!! hehe ( I have to forget this pain!)
P.S> our shop this year picked to support our troops for the half marathon! With the money that we raised we are gonna ship over care packages to some men and women who really rock!!! When my knee was ACHING I just kept telling myself this was a small price to pay for the big sacrifice that those men and women make!! thank you troops for our freedom!!

4 comments:

David Yee said...

you rock, you look so cute limping your way across the finish line

JB said...

Good Job guys!!!

Lisa said...

So proud of you guys! Wish I could have been there to cheer you on. Hope your knee feels better!

Anonymous said...

I have to agree! You guys rock! :)