Sunday, January 4, 2009

Need HELP!!

Ok so as tomorrow begins my mass panic to get back in the groove for my half marathon, it got me thinking. I want to be like everyone and get on the New Year's resolution band wagon. No not to hit the gym or exercise(since I already do that) but to eat HEALTHIER!! I am not looking for a "diet" since I am pretty much ok with what my scale says but I want to eat more natural foods, not processed. I want my body to cycle through like it should if you catch my drift! I am bad at eating vegetables, I love red meats, etc.......
I am a complete dumby when it comes to health & fitness. this year has been challenging as I have had to actually teach myself how to run and work out at a gym. I have been loving my new challenge! It makes me not such a stressed out mess and it just gives me self confidence. The only thing is, my motto right now is "I workout so I can eat whatever I want!" (probably not a good attitude!)
I have been learning a lot by running and fitness magazines that I get. David will try to give me pointers but for some reason, reading them in a magazine and seeing a photo of someone demonstrating it, I catch on better. With that being said, I am wondering if anybody has any helpful books or magazines that they know of that will help me with my new adventure of eating "healthier". Everybody keeps telling me, "eat more fiber, more fruits and vegetables, etc etc" That is just not doing it for me, I need a plan spelled out for me!!! So hopefully also by posting my new challenge here, I will stick to it!! :)
Please if you have any reading material ideas for me let me know!! Just checked Amazon and there are a bazillion books to choose from! not sure where to start!
BTW 14 days till the half marathon!!! getting nervous!!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

You can totally do it!!! I know you can. Trust me - Eating your vegetables gets easier and easier. I love them now!

The Mrs. said...

I've got to agree w Lisa. Eating veggies does get easier. I eat at least 1 serving with every meal-brkfst included. Peppers or spinach in my eggs. Salad with my lunch + a side veggie with the main course. Veggies w dinner. I love me some broccoli!
I try to eat natural too. No refined carbs-red meat just 2x's a week, fish 2x's, lean protein the rest of the week. Only wheat breads and pastas in this house. My kids don't even know what "white" tastes like! :)

Good for you! and...you're gonna do AWESOME in your marathon!!! :)

Katie said...

dude, green smoothies is the way to go... serious.. suck one down in the morning... eat something veggie for dinner..i.e. asparagus..gbeans.. (my 2 favs) and remember..think of ALL vegetables...mmm peppers...onions... etc etc u know, i go to a lot of figure modeling, bodybuilder type of websites.. just to get ideas of meals and what to eat..how much etc.. it gives me an idea.o and i love foodfit.com :) i have lots of sites and magazine articles!!!! those running mags has a ton of info, too! :)

http://www.naturemoms.com/blog/2008/08/21/the-benefits-of-green-smoothies/