Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Well with 08 here and gone in a blink of an eye, I thought I better take a second to reflect on where I have been and what I hope to change/ accomplish in 09!

2008:
5. I actually rang in the New Year at a huge party in Disneyland and stayed up till midnight!
4. joined a gym for the 1st time in my life and have been working on my running
3. realized how fragile life is and have learned to let the little things pass
2. Admired my husband's ability to maintain a family, job, and schooling while letting none of the areas lack!
1. lost my Grandma who meant more to me than she ever knew.

and to 2009....things I hope to accomplish or am looking forward to:
5: Be able to enjoy my cruise to Hawaii with my husband while knowing that my kids are safe at home! :)
4. run my half marathon in under 2:45.
3. better my outlook on people who just don't seem to care about their own life and who don't care to make it better.
2. Eat healthier and get back to being disciplined after this long Christmas Break! (not just a new years resolution, I am craving it!)
1. I am gonna be a better wife and mom. not that I was horrible, it's just we can all use a little improvement right!?!!?

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Good for you! You better enjoy that cruise for all of us! I plan to make no 2009 plans. DONE!

David Yee said...

5: Counting the days!
4. 2:20
3. did you have someone in mind?
2. Starts today!
1. thank God! i was wondering when you were going to come around! (JK you are an awesome wife and mom. I am constantly impressed with you)

The Mrs. said...

What a great list! A cruise? How fun! You'll have to let me know how you do in the marathon. I had no idea you were a runner! Awesome you!

I hadn't heard about your Grandma. I'm so sorry.

Jen said...

Yah David booked us a cruise to Hawaii for our 10yr. But I am nervous about being so far from the kiddos!! lol
And after my 2 weeks of slacking off, I am anxious to see how I do on my half marathon!! hehe
Yah Grandma passed away in May, it was very sudden and It took a bigger emotional toll on me than I ever thought it would. I have to say though I think that is why I enjoy exercising as much as I do cause I can tell it takes my stress level down a few notches!!!

Jen said...

and David, nobody in particular for #3 just a portion of America in general.
ps I think you are crazy about the 2:20 time! remember that's where you ditch me cause I am not running fast enough for you.

The Mrs. said...

I can't believe it's already your 10 yr. anniversary!!! No way it's been that long! Doesn't it seem as though you've been together forever? We were going to go to Ireland for our 10th and backpack but Ryan knocked me up again! I swear he prefers me knocked up! :P
Congrats to you two!
Oh man do I miss Gold's Gym. There was nothing like being able to drop the kids off in a kids care area they LOVED and be able to work out for an hour & a half. I miss that SOOOO much. I think it makes me a better mom when I work out cause it does get rid of all that stress. Good for you. Oh, and did you follow some sort of program to prepare for the marathon? You'll have to let me know. I run 4-5 mi. a day now but have never even attempted more that 6 at once!