Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thankful

Every night as a family we say a prayer together, hug as we all say "our family!", and put our hands in as a team and say "2,4,6,8 who do we appreciate? our family rocks the socks!"So last night as we were doing our nightly routine I decided that for this week we were gonna add one more thing to it. We all went around and said one thing we were thankful for. I think sometimes as we get wrapped up in our daily stuff, we forget to be thankful for even the small things! Even some of the things that stress us out the most are things that we should be thankful for! I read in an email the other day and it said "if your job stresses you out just be thankful you HAVE a job!"At least once a week I have a client come in and tell me they were laid off so I said I am thankful to have my job.
It almost brought tears to my eyes as we went around the circle last night. I love listening to my kids' perspective on things. Taylor said he was thankful for our house and Trevor said he was thankful for crafts! oh to be 3 years old again! Just the innocence in those little boys, as David and I are looking at the big picture of life. After hearing the boys replies, tonight I want to try to simplify my life and break it down...... I am going to think of something that may be "little and unimportant" but I am going to make known that I notice it and am thankful that it is there!! who knows we may find that this is a positive way to end a long day and add this to our routine!
So I know more people read this blog than actually ever comment and I am asking you for just this one blog to break out of your shell and comment!! Since it is the week of Thanksgiving I want to know what you guys are all thankful for! It is an awesome feeling to slow down and reflect!

WHAT ARE YOU ALL THANKFUL FOR?........

11 comments:

Colleen said...

I am thankful for health, both my own and that of my family.

Jen said...

Colleen... I can say that one also! thanks for joining my fun here!! :)

Colleen said...

I can't believe you haven't gotten more! This is easy, hard to choose just one!

Jeana said...

I am thankful for my family this year. We have gone through alot so far this year and I am just glad that we are all so close (even though 1/2 live 1500 miles away).

David Yee said...

I am thankful for my son's 3-year-old lisp. (Daadeee yougonna knock over the caaaaassssooooooole)

Lisa said...

I am thankful that my baby is growing healthy, for my husband, my family, my home and my job. (Just to name a few. Trust me there a lot more!!)

JB said...

I am thankful for you calling out the blog "stockers". I am thankful for everything in my life, good and bad (more the good though). Great family, good friends, and a son on the way....I know you want to be me.

Jen said...

Ok guys so far so good. I know there are a few more blog stalkers out there that haven't told me what they were thankful for!!!
I know a few of us have had a hard year. some of us have suffered a loss of someone close to us and this holiday is going to be hard. But let's make the holidays be a time we hold onto and cherish what we do have and be thankful for the time we had with the ones we lost.

Anonymous said...

I am thankful to live in a country where we can worship our Lord openly. I am thankful for good health, caring friends and loving family. And I'm thankful for the joy of three barking, licking,wagging dogs!

Laura Tucker said...

Im thankful for the opportunity to go to a school where I am surrounded by a Christian environment and Christian schooling and Christian friends!!! Im also thankful for those situations that have shaped me into the person I am today whether they have been good or bad.

Amy said...

Sorry I am just now seeing this. I've not been a good blog stalker the past few months... :)

I too am thankful for my family. We are dealing with a lot of things with Bella right now and have a long road ahead of us (I'll send out an email this week...), but I am so thankful for each of them! It is hard to focus on the genuine GOOD parts of things when it feels like you are being slammed with negative all the time, huh? And yes, there are people that have it SO much worse than we....oh MY we are SO blessed!