Sunday, November 9, 2008

Beautiful Morning In Phoenix




Today was so fun! (not while I was doing it) I went with Katie and Tracy and we ran in a 10k. Can I just say we were so nervous waiting for it to start! We were walking around before the race trying to find people that looked like they were in worse shape than we were! We did not want to be last if you know what I mean!!! We had no clue at this point why we thought we could run a 10k!! But we signed up for it and we were gonna finish it!!! We finished but somewhere along the 6.2 miles I think I twisted my knee or something! I might need a hip replacement also! My right leg was killing me from about mile 4! There were times I had to slow down and walk it out for fear I was gonna fall! and that would have been embarrassing!! What a rush going over the finish line though!!!! :) My mom and Reilly came along to cheer us on!! My nephew is so cute by the way!! Well here are some pictures we took after the race. I will post them and then I am off to bed to rest the lower portion of my body! I hope I will be able to get back out of bed when my nap is over!! YIKES!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Yikes! You guys are CRAZY!!!!

David Yee said...

wow is that a new adidas jogging skirt you are wearing...it says I am a tough athlete, but I am still a sexy chick...whoever got that for you knows the essence of a female athlete's heart...JK

good job today...I am proud of you.

Baghdad Multisport said...

I'm proud of you, sis. Now you just have to get ready for the PF Chang. Man I wanna run that with you so bad. Every copy of Runners World and Triathlete Magazine has an ad for it. I am so jealous. Take it easy on your movable parts though. You aren't as old as me, but you are no spring chicken. If your body hurts, take it easy. You are not Nancy Karagin. We shouldn't have to hit you with a pipe for you to take a break.