Monday, June 9, 2008

My Day


Well Today was a busy day! It started early as I had to get the kids to VBS by 9! (That's early for me!) They had a blast! It was so weird for me though cause I always have Trevor when I drop Tay off at school, but today I dropped them both off!!! I had 3 hours to do what "I" wanted! Funny though, I spent the whole time setting up their new aquarium. We bought it yesterday and put 3 fish in it.... by 8:30pm (5 hours after we bought them) they were all dead! So today my task was more fish and make sure the water in the aquarium was conditioned properly....fun... so far so good! They still have 4 fish, Lightening McQueen, Tow Mater, Mauri, & Phantoka!
After I picked them up, we went out the the cemetery to bring flowers. Can't believe tomorrow is a month that Grandma passed away. Time flies even when you aren't having fun. When we were there, Taylor said, "Mom can I ask you a question?" I said sure....... he asked, "Mom would people please stop dying??" ahhhh It is hard enough handling your own sadness, but when you see it affecting your children it hurts bad!
When we left there, we went back to the house so we could start cleaning out some of her stuff. It is so hard to know where to start. I think we made a lot of progress, even though it doesn't look like we did!
We finished up the night making David's father's day present! I can't wait to see the kids give them to him! I just know he will love them! (David, you better pretend even if you don't!!)
Ok off to bed to do it all over again tomorrow! well not the same activities but to be busy I'm sure!

3 comments:

JB said...

Poor fish... I hope you have better luck with the new ones.

Lisa said...

WOW! Quite a day. Kids just say what we are thinking sometimes.

Good luck with those fish. Don't kill off anymore please. I would like to meet them when I get there.

Anonymous said...

keeping busy while i am gone...i wish i was there with you to help you all the stuff and i can't wait to get back home to you. you are doing great this week and i will see you soon

ps. you don't even like fish