Monday, September 22, 2008

Small Yet Big!!


Well it is that time of year again where my work picks an organization that they will support by doing the PF Chang's Half Marathon. It is such an exciting time as we are training for our 13.1 miles and our clients are holding us accountable because they have "bought" into our idea and plan!! This year we chose Packages from Home. It is a local organization here and it was started by a mother who's son is in the military. PFH collects items and the money to ship the items and then they send care packages overseas to all of our military men and women. We toured the center today and I have to admit it, I got teary eyed (ok I cried!!!) Just seeing these boxes full of items we don't even think twice about using and they were just sitting there waiting to be shipped to our military who will receive these items and be stoked!! The walls were full of thank you letters that the troops have written to show their appreciation! yah couldn't even read those!! too emotional!!!!
Well I have already started my actual training and the Packages From Home Drive will start here in the next couple of weeks!! I am so excited to see how our clients will respond and what kind of support we will receive!!

4 comments:

Katie said...

aww thats awesome!!!! :)

Baghdad Multisport said...

Sis,
My team's address is

Team Mandalorian
3-7-2 NPTT, Unit 43117
FOB FALCON
APO AE 09361

Thanks.

Lisa said...

Go Cuts R Us!! I would so walk 13 miles for a good cause like this. Your clients better pony up!

Jen said...

Thanks Rob for your address!! Our shop is so excited about this!!
Lisa I agree they better!!!